10 Benefits And Specifications Of The LifeStraw Water Filter
LifeStraw is a compact portable water filter. It enables you to drink straight from rivers and lakes, or from a container filled with water that you’ve scooped up from that water source. The way it works is simple – just place the bottom part of the LifeStraw in the water, and sip through the top end.
Here are 10 benefits and specifications of the LifeStraw drinking water filter:
LifeStraw Advantages & Specifications
1. The LifeStraw is easy to use! Just drink directly from a river, stream, lake, etc..
2. The LifeStraw contains no chemicals, and is BPA free.
3. The LifeStraw has no moving parts.
4. The Lifestraw is portable and very light weight 2 ounces (57 grams), measuring 9″ long and 1″ diameter.
5. The LifeStraw has a 1 year manufacturer’s warranty.
6. The LifeStraw filters 264 gallons (1,000 liters) to 0.2 microns.
7. The LifeStraw removes 99.9999% of waterborne bacteria, including E. coli (>LOG 6 reduction).
8. The LifeStraw removes 99.9% of waterborne protozoan parasites, including Giardia & Cryptosporidium (>LOG 3 reduction).
9. The LifeStraw has a proven history of being used in the harshest conditions and developing countries since 2005.
10. The Lifestraw has gained recognition and awards from: Time Magazine’s Invention Of The Year – 2005, Saatchi & Saatchi Award for World Changing Ideas – 2008, Well-Tech 2006 Innovation Technology Award, “Gadgets for Disaster Zones” BBC May – 2011.
How To Clean Your LifeStraw
After every use, backflush your LifeStraw by blowing a breath of air back into the mouthpiece to purge all remaining water trapped within the filter. If you have access to clean water, suck some into the filter and backflush it again. Give it a few shakes and leave both ends uncapped to air dry at room temperature.
There are a number of good small portable water filters out there. The LifeStraw is one of them. It is affordable and small enough to keep in your bag during any hiking trip, a bug-out-bag, 72-hour emergency kit, or any backwoods adventure or outdoor recreation. I personally keep this water filter (and others) as part of my various kits.