All earthquakes since 1898.
(view larger image)
Canary Islands | Mid-Atlantic Ridge
What everyone should be watching for, according to Steve Quayle:
– THE WHOLE PLANET IS RINGING LIKE A BELL, SEISMICALLY AND VOLCANICALLY. THE RING OF FIRE WHICH CIRCLES THE PACIFIC RIM IS ESPECIALLY ACTIVE.
– NOTE THE COMPLETE ABSENCE IN THE MAINSTREAM NEWS OF THE MASSIVE EQ’S (928 IN ONE WEEK) HAPPENING IN THE CANARY ISLANDS AND IN ICELAND THAT SITS ATOP THE MID-ATLANTIC RIDGE.
– SHOULD EITHER ‘CUMBRE VIEJA’ IN THE CANARY ISLANDS SLIDE INTO THE OCEAN, OR A MASSIVE QUAKE TAKE PLACE ALONG THE MID ATLANTIC RIDGE, THAT BECOMES GLARINGLY PROBLEMATIC, GENERATING A MASSIVE 1500 FOOT TIDAL WAVE HITTING THE EAST COAST!
– THE CURRENT SEIMIC DANGER OF THE CANARY ISLAND’S EARTHQUAKE CLUSTERS AND THE POTENTIAL SLIDE OF THE VOLCANO CALLED ‘CUMBRE VIEJA’ INTO THE ATLANTIC WOULD, INITIATE A MASSIVE EAST COAST TSUNAMI.
– THE SUPER QUAKES COMING ALONG WITH VOLCANIC ERUPTIONS ALONG THE WEST COAST.
Reviewer says, “Probably the best book on the topic ever written” :
Full-Rip 9.0: The Next Big Earthquake in the Pacific Northwest
Regarding Recent Yellowstone Activity
Note, Quayle is not (at this time) particularly concerned about the recent Yellowstone earthquake swarm.
Being very knowledgeable on the Yellowstone Super Volcano (he lives nearby), recent quakes there are what he calls “sympathetic quakes”. When big quakes go off (e.g. recent Alaska, Mexico, & southern Ring of Fire) the whole planet rings like a bell, triggering other events. Apparently or potentially including these micro-quakes.
Yellowstone is the most carefully monitored site in the world.
“Before anything of consequence were to take place, magma in the Norris Geyser Basin would have to surface and break through.”
One of the signs would be the ice condition over Yellowstone lake (excessive heating) since the main volcanic cone is located under the ice on Yellowstone Lake.
Quayle is the producer of an upcoming documentary movie on Yellowstone Park and says will be unlike anything ever produced before on the topic.
Island of La Palma
Cumbre Vieja is an active volcanic ridge on the island of La Palma in the Canary Islands, Spain.
It is widely speculated that given it’s geographical terrain characteristics, fault lines, and previous regional history, a major volcanic eruption there could drop (slide) a major portion into the sea.
If this were to happen it would trigger a tsunami of such proportions to cause significant (or devastating) damage to the east coast of the United States and elsewhere.
How significant? No one can say with certainty of course.
– On the one hand there has been a good amount of previous hype and exaggeration over the years about the tsunami dangers from La Palma.
– On the other hand, I’ve read those who attempt to debunk the magnitude of devastation will still concede a tsunami height of 60 feet on the east coast of the U.S.
So (if it happens) will the tsunami be 1,500 feet tall? 300 feet tall? or 60 feet tall?
Regardless, it will be BAD. And will probably only take about 6 hours to cross the Atlantic.
Awhile ago, I wrote the following article after east coast land terrain research:
How Far Inland Would A 300 Foot Tsunami Go On The East Coast?
Mid-Atlantic Ridge | Iceland
Iceland is located on a major world fault line and is often an active place for volcanic activity and earthquakes.
Recently the ‘Tjörnes Fracture Zone’ has been under intense earthquake swarming. I believe the quake count is over 1,200 at this point.
An interesting resource for happenings there is http://www.jonfr.com/volcano/
The Mid-Atlantic Ridge is a submarine ridge located along the floor of the Atlantic Ocean. It wraps around the globe like the seam of a baseball.
It is the longest and the most extensive chain of mountains on earth, and 90% of it is under water. There are only a few places on earth where it juts out of the surface of the ocean, in the form of a few islands, one of which is Iceland.
The happenings there is a further barometer as to the complex happenings within our earth’s crust.
So what? Now what?
I’m posting this out of my own interests which include earth events such as these.
The earth is presently seemingly ringing like a bell and there has been a LOT of activity taking place recently.
What does it mean? Is something really bad about to happen? Of course no one knows. These types of events are largely unpredictable.
But when big bad earthquakes start piling up around the ring of fire and elsewhere in such a short period of time (I count 13 magnitude 6 or higher in the past several weeks), coupled with renewed volcanic activities around the planet, one wonders…