Introducing, the “ARK Resister” (EMP) Bag – Made in the USA by Crossbreed® (yes, the same company that makes those quality holsters).
If you have been looking for a way to quickly, easily and safely store some of your precious electronic gear while resisting the effects of an EMP (electromagnetic pulse),
The Ark Resister Bag by CrossBreed “offers superior electronics protection that significantly exceeds all military requirements for EMP and static discharge resistance including the stringent standards of MIL-PRF-81705.”
Previously available only to the military to protect high value guided weapon systems, the Ark Resister Bag is now available exclusively through CrossBreed®.
Reusable by design with twenty years of proven field use, the Resister Bag can be used for sensitive and valuable electronic devices. When heat sealed, the Resister Bag is also waterproof, dustproof, corrosion, and puncture resistant.
The Ark Resistor Bag by CrossBreed® is another example of our dedication to American quality and reliability, now offered for your most precious items.
What is MIL-PRF-81705?
This specification establishes the requirements for heat-sealable, electrostatic discharge protective, flexible barrier materials used for the military packaging of microcircuits, sensitive semiconductor devices, sensitive resistors, and associated higher assemblies. In addition, the type I materials provide for water/vapor/proof protection and attenuation of electromagnetic interference effects.
The exterior of the bag is a conductive shield which offers resistance against EMP.
The inside is coated with a non-conductive layer which electrically isolates any inner contents from the outside world.
The implementation of MIL-PRF-81705 suggests that the outer exterior layer of the flexible bag may actually be a combination of several unique layer properties – a sort of “secret sauce” 😉
A Faraday cage (or a Faraday bag) will attenuate the voltage spike from a weaponized electromagnetic pulse (which is extremely short in duration, ~ 5 nanoseconds) while providing a level of protection for the contents inside.
Note that there is also a natural phenomenon which my emanate from our sun, called a CME (coronal mass ejection). If strong enough a CME could also produce damaging effects to electronic circuits here on earth. Similarly a Faraday cage may provide protection.
Instructions for EMP or Static Discharge Protection
1. Place your items in the Crossbreed EMP Proof bag.
2. Fold over the 3-inch flap at top and adhere in place using an adhesive tape.
Instructions for EMP or Static Discharge Protection AND Moisture Protection
1. Remove 3-inch Flap using scissors.
2. Place your item(s) in the Crossbreed EMP Proof bag. Immediately prior to sealing the bag, remove the provided moisture and oxygen absorber packs from their foil package and place inside the bag.
3. Place a thin cotton cloth over the bag opening and press an iron or similar heat source (at least 200F but not exceeding 350F) onto the cloth over the bag opening. DO NOT apply direct heat to the bag. Ensure the interior of the bag has adhered together for a vapor proof seal prior to storage.
What to put into A EMP bag?
Any item that contains electronic circuitry which you might deem valuable, essential, or useful following an EMP event.
– portable radio
– 2 way radios for communications
– HAM radio
– Night Vision Device
– solar battery charger
– Laptop / Tablet / Kindle / etc..
– ? What other items would you suggest?
3 unique visits for this page (past week)