After society collapses into varying forms of chaos, the initial period of ‘adjustment’ may result in loss of life never before seen. The scenario truly is one of collapse.
Our modern conveniences and our modern lifeblood of technologies break down to the extent of inability to provide for the masses who depend on them.
– Many or most aren’t showing up for work
– Manufacturing has slowed to a crawl or even stopped
– Supply chains of distribution have been severely disrupted
– Financial collapse as markets react
– Shortages of everything
– Skirmishes, violent reactions
– Majority runs out of life sustaining food and clean water
– Period of Die-off
As the interim phase transpires and transitions from collapse and chaos to survival and rebuild, there will be uniques sets of sought after skills.
These may fall under categories which include:
There will be specific needs demanding specific skills. Some may be more in demand than others. A few years ago I had put out a poll which asked MSB readers for their opinion.
I recently looked at that resulting list again and have captured some of the more popular skill sets for your information:
Skill Sets Post SHTF
Listed in order of popularity
1. Medical & Healthcare, Doctors
2. Agricultural, Farming
3. Water infrastructure, Wells, Pumps, Sanitation
4. Food Preservation
6. Carpentry, Handyman
7. Alternative Energy
9. Gunsmith & Reloading
10. Livestock, Animal Husbandry
11. Security, Tactical
12. Foraging, Horticulture
13. Hunting, Fishing, Trapping, Butcher
14. Mechanic, Welding
15. Sewing, Clothes Making, Cobbler
One can sure start thinking about lots of additional skills for post SHTF survival. So lets talk about that. Do you agree with the list above? Would you add to it or change the order? Other skills that would be especially advantageous or in demand during such a time?
The following book provides insight into some of these areas:
The Encyclopedia of Country Living