The following natural home remedy (remedies) may likely offer temporary relief for an upset stomach or stomach pain – while you consider the underlying cause (a particular food sensitivity, your current diet, etc.?).
I wonder how many people today have forgotten that their grandparents and ancestors had discovered countless natural home remedies for all sorts of ailments.
I wonder how many home remedies have been lost or forgotten, not having been passed down to recent ‘modern’ generations…
Well here are a few to consider for an upset stomach:
Ginger Root For Upset Stomach Pain
During a conversation some time ago between Mrs.J and a gastroenterologist, he said “You know what would really help you? Ginger.” “Make some ginger tea, it will really help your stomach pain.”
For best results, make the ginger tea from scratch using fresh ginger root rather than off-the-shelf ginger spice or ginger flavored tea bags, etc.
Ginger Tea Recipe
The ginger tea recipe is simple.
1. From the ginger root itself, cut off a piece about 1 inch. You can experiment with this amount as it affects the strength of the tea.
2. Peel the skin (for more exposed surface area) and then slice the ginger root into thin medallions.
3. In a pan, add 2 cups of water and bring to a boil. Then add the ginger, cover and reduce to simmer for 20-minutes.
– Add cinnamon sticks to the mix for it’s medicinal benefits and flavor enhancement.
– Add honey and/or lemon for flavor.
– Increase the recipe to make a small pitcher for the fridge (tastes good chilled too).
After drinking the ginger tea home remedy, you should experience some stomach relief within 10 – 15 minutes.
You might also consider acquiring a natural organic ginger tea:
Organic Ginger Aid Tea, 96 Tea Bags (16 Tea Bags (Pack of 6)
Coconut Water For Upset Stomach Pain
This home remedy is simply coconut water. Extract the water from the inside of a coconut!
Go to the store and buy a whole coconut. Both brown and ‘young’ green coconuts will have clear coconut water inside. However most say that young green coconuts are more effective for this remedy.
A challenge will be getting into the coconut without spilling and losing all of the coconut water inside. One effective way is to utilize a drill to bore a hole into the coconut. Then pour the coconut water into a glass to drink.
You can also purchase coconut water at many grocery stores. Or buy it online:
‘Real’ natural coconut water:
Nirvana Real Coconut Water, 16.2 Ounce Cans (Pack of 12)
Anyone else have a home remedy for upset stomach?