Green Tea Recipe
Guest post: by Lyndon
I prepare my tea by bulk and have it ready in the refrigerator all the time. This tea recipe lasts me about four or five days.
My green tea recipe:
2 teaspoon cloves
20 pcs/pods cardamom
2 sticks cinnamon (should be ceylon cin. from Sri Lanka, not cassia cin. from China)
8 bags of green tea or 4 bags of green tea and 4 bags of hibiscus tea (I personally love my tea with hibiscus in it).
1 cup sugar (depends on your preference, I don’t have diabetes. One cup is quite sweet, so try half a cup first and adjust as you like).
3 liters of water
Bring water to boil. Turn off stove. Put all the ingredients and stir a bit. Let it cool. Put in containers and place in the refrigerator. Drink one or two cups per day.
Health Benefits of These Ingredients:
1. Treats infections of the gum and teeth, digestive disorders, lung congestion, throat problems, etc.
2. Used treating kidney disorders and gallstones.
3. Used in the treatment of snake and scorpion bites.
4. Used for digestive and stomach problems.
5. Cardamom is also found to be good for improving appetite as well as metabolism and to prevent stomach infections.
6. Good for the kidneys, promotes urination, lowers blood pressure and removes accumulated calcium and urea in the kidneys, along with other toxins. It is also used in the treatment of genital and urinary infections.
7. Useful in fighting tooth and gum infections. Also, effective in preventing bad breath.
8. Warming effects, heat up the body, helps in expelling cough and to relieve headache caused by extreme cold.
9. Benefits sexual health. Used in the treatment of erectile dysfunction, impotence, loss of libido, premature ejaculation, sexual weakness, etc.
10. Cardamom has a detoxifying effect and is also used for its antiseptic and antimicrobial actions. Apart from that, cardamom benefits include its use in treating muscular and respiratory spasms.
Cloves: Nature’s Top Antioxidant Food
1. Prevention of toxicity from contaminants such as tetra-chloromethane, cancers related to the digestive tract, and joint inflammation.
2. A soft anesthetic in addition to an anti-bacterial agent.
3. Relieves flatulence and helps in the healing of various ailments of the digestive system. It is useful in promoting a healthy metabolism and good digestion.
4. Effective remedy for some common problems such as cuts, fungal infections, burns, wounds, athlete’s foot and bruises.
5. Aphrodisiac. Traditional usage as an aphrodisiac.
6. Boosts the immune system by purifying the blood and helps to fight against various diseases.
7. Eugenol from cloves has been found to be a potent platelet inhibitor (prevents blood clots).
8. Can be used as an inhalant for various respiratory problems such as cold, cough, sinusitis, asthma, bronchitis and tuberculosis.
9. Used for treating a number of health conditions such as malaria, cholera, scabies in the tropical Asian countries.
10. Benefit the diabetic patients by controlling the blood glucose levels.
Cinnamon: Simple, Homey…and Mighty
1. Antifungal, antibacterial and antiparasitic properties. Cinnamon has been found to be effective in fighting vaginal yeast infections, oral yeast infections, stomach ulcers and head lice.
2. Anti-inflammatory properties. Many of us eat lots of fried, fatty and processed foods, and these foods cause inflammation of our internal tissues and organs, and this inflammation has been linked to one of the most life-threatening diseases of our time – heart disease, reducing our chances of suffering heart attacks, strokes and heart disease. “A growing consensus among cardiologists pinpoints abnormal inflammation in artery walls as a root cause of atherosclerosis and coronary heart disease.” So, cinnamon could be a potential ally in our fight to decrease inflammation.
3. Helps people with type 2 diabetes control blood sugar levels, and may significantly lower LDL “bad” cholesterol, total cholesterol and triglycerides (fatty acids in the blood). A study showed 60 people in Pakistan who had Type 2 diabetes, who ate 1 gram of cinnamon each day over a period of 40 days, experienced a significant decrease in their blood sugar levels, LDL cholesterol, total cholesterol and triglycerides. A study also found that the beneficial effects of cinnamon lasted for at least 20 days after people stopped taking it. ‘I don’t know of any drug or product whose effects persist for 20 days.’
4. Cinnamon is an excellent source of manganese, dietary fiber, iron and calcium. The combination of calcium and fiber can help to remove bile, which prevents damage to colon cells, which helps prevent colon cancer. Fiber also can help with the relief of constipation and irritable bowel syndrome.
5. Doctors have performed studies that show that just smelling cinnamon improves our memory and performance of certain tasks.
1. Green tea is the super tea as it is least processed and provides the most antioxidant polyphenols, notably a catechin called epigallocatechin-3-gallate (EGCG), which is responsible for most of the health benefits.
2. It not just inhibits the growth of cancer cells but also helps in killing those dangerous cells without harming any healthy cell. The greenish-yellow tea has a green, slightly astringent flavor close to the taste of the fresh leaf.
3. Green tea lowers total cholesterol levels, as well as improves the ratio of good cholesterol to bad cholesterol. Moreover, it inhibits the abnormal formation of blood clots which is the leading cause of heart attacks and stroke. Green tea represses angiotensin II which leads to high blood pressure & reduces the possibilities of heart attacks.
4. Green tea can even help in preventing tooth decay. As the bacteria destroying abilities of green tea helps in preventing food poisoning, it can also kill the bacteria that cause dental plaque.
5. Green tea drinkers have lower risk for a wide range of diseases, from simple bacterial or viral infections to chronic disease including cardiovascular disease, stroke, periodontal disease, and osteoporosis.
6. Green tea helps a lot in lowering down the sugar level in a body so its very god for a person who is suffering from diabetes. It will help them in controlling their sugar level without any extra effort. The polyphenols present in green tea extract reduces the amount of amylase produced by conversion of starch into sugar and hence the levels of sugar in the blood also decrease.
7. Weight loss. All those who want to be slim, smart & gorgeous will enjoy the green tea because it is natural & don’t have any side effect.
8. Helps in burning the fat & increasing metabolism naturally due to the presence of catechin polyphenols. It lowers down the cholesterol & enhances fat oxidation.
9. Helps in preventing obesity by inhibiting the movement of glucose in fat cells.
10. EGCG- a powerful antioxidant with positive qualities is important for any weight reduction program.
11. Green tea acts as an antibacterial and antiviral agent. It also helps in getting relief from influenza and diarrhea. It relieves stress, improves bone structure and delays the onset of osteoporosis.
12. Helps in getting relief from depression & headache which is a usual problem of a common man in this busy world.
1. Ability to lower blood pressure in patient with mild-to-moderate hypertension.
2. The amylase inhibitor found in hibiscus tea will reduce the amount of sugars that are absorbed into the body, thus resulting in weight loss.
3. Treat depression and manage mood swings.
4. Helps maintain cholesterol in a normal level.
5. Contains Vitamin C and antioxidants.